Stemming from the marriage of realism and abstraction, Oana Lauric?s unique paintings reflect the diversity of her life and professional experiences.
Lauric, American artist born in Bucharest, lived in Paris for a decade and is currently working in her studio in Boston. She has a French Architect degree and a Romanian Fine Arts Baccalaureate. Oana worked as an architect and a designer for several years in France and USA, before becoming a professional artist painter in 2001.
In my paintings, I explore the impact of our environment on our psyche; I believe that the surroundings we create influence the way we behave. My paintings reflect a voyage, a movement through space and time, a dynamic perception of our man-made environment. Through light and shadows, depth and chromatic intensity, matching visual and auditive rhythms or contrasting textures, my intent is to signal the power of our surroundings and hopefully raise expectations in their regards. “We are shaped by these spaces as much as we shape them!?
Oana Lauric is a long time member of Copley Society of Art and was, until recently, a fellow artist member of the St. Botolph Club. Her art can be currently be seen at The Copley Society of Art and the Artoujours Gallery at the Fenway Studio #408 in Boston MA, J.Todd Galleries in Wellesley MA and Chatham Gallery in Chatham MA, to name a few.
Brookline Adult & Community Education
– Massachusetts Historical Society, ?Fenway Connections? group art show, Oct. 2019
– Solo exhibition, Vitallina medical complex, Chicago IL Oct. 2019 ? March 2020
– AWARD OF MERIT, Copley Society of Art, Boston MA June 2019
– FIRST PRIZE for ?Shades of Blues?, Copley Society of Art, Summer Members Show June 2018
– Providence Art Club w. St. Botolph Club Members JURIED Exhibition, May-June 2018
– Fellow Artists’ BIENNIAL shows, St. Botolph Club, Boston MA, 2017, 2016
– SOLO Show “WANDERING, NOT LOST”, Copley Society May-June 2015
– “GRIT: THE URBAN LANDSCAPE” juried exhibition, Copley Society of Art, Boston Sept.- Oct. 2014
– FIRST PRIZE at the Beacon Hill Art Walk in 2011 and 2014
– “A to Z” and ?FRESH PAINT? Copley Society, Newbury St. Boston: yearly shows 2009-2014
– “CAMBRIDGE ON CANVAS” juried exhibition at the Harvard Club of Boston, October 2013
– SOLO Show “REFLECTIVE RADIANCE” Copley Society of Art (Upper Gallery), Newbury St. Boston, October-November 2012
– International ARTEXPO New York NY, Pier 92, March 2012
– Awarded THE CoSo ARTIST RESIDENCY at the Fine Art Work Center in Provincetown MA, Sept. 2011
– Art installation organized by the Art Students League of NY (Exhibition Outreach) at the LINCOLN TOWERS, 185 West End Avenue, New York, NY. June-Sept. 2011
– Copley Society of Art, Winter Members’ Juried Show “WHITE LIGHTS ” 158 Newbury St., Boston MA , March 3 – April 8, 2011.
– SOLO SHOW ?WANDERING SUMMERS?, Cultural Center of Cape Cod, South Yarmouth MA, Aug. 2010
– SOLO SHOW ?CITY ELEGIES?, Newton Free Library, Newton MA, June 2010
– “12th I.S.A.P. International Juried Exhibition”, Santa Cruz Art League, Sta Cruz CA. August 2009
– The Guild of Boston Artists “New England Representational Painting Competition” Juried by S. Roffo, J. Terelak, S. Vokey. Aug. 2009
– JURIED Summer Members’ Show: “SHIMMER”, Copley Society Boston MA, 2009
– “HORIZONS: Between Heaven & Earth” group exhibition, Galerie du Soleil, Naples FL, February 2009
– SOLO SHOW, Osterville Fine Art Gallery, Cape Cod, MA, July 2008
– International ARTEXPO New York, NY, March 2008
– Featured artist at “LES FEMMES du Soleil” art show, Galerie du Soleil, Naples FL, February 2008
– WINNER OF THE SOLO AWARD FOR PAINTING at ARTEXPO Las Vegas, September 2007
– Solo exhibition, Osterville Fine Art Gallery, Cape Cod, MA. July/August 2007
– International ARTEXPO New York, NY, March 2007
– Featured artist at “ILLUMINATION de l’Esprit” art show, Galerie du Soleil, Naples FL, January 2007
– SOLO SHOW at VOILA, Inc. art and design gallery, Boston MA, February and November 2007
-“La Voix de l’Enfant” art auction, Eiffel Tower, Paris France in Dec. 2006